Not many people pay much attention to the paint industry in the United States. They should. It’s a fascinating industry, and the knowledge gathered goes much deeper than the number of colors in the market. Here are some entertaining facts about the paint industry in the United States.
- On an average, a full-time painter earns around $32,000 annually.
- Since paint is more of a luxury than a necessity, painters sometimes have a hard time looking for work.
- The US paint industry estimates that only 5,500 painting jobs will be created in the next ten years.
- Painters in the automotive industry sometimes need two years of training. This is a lot more than most painters, who only need a few days to a week. Automotive painting may also require completion of classes, courses, and degrees.
- The demand for paint products worldwide has surpassed over 50 metric tons and the value of the painting industry all over the world is totaled at a staggering $150 billion. In the United States, the revenue reached around $30 billion the past year.
- Due to environmental concerns, paint manufacturers are little by little developing more water-based products to replace their old solvent-based paints.